The Choice Of Panniervsmessenger Bag Backpack Is A False Cho

Description of your first forum.

The Choice Of Panniervsmessenger Bag Backpack Is A False Cho

Postby pcsutomrcf » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:50 am

Daze break down barriers at known gallery photos
Despite the many different styles within the street art/graffiti realm, in one way or another, the subject matter touches upon the universal struggle of people(And the genre itself)To survive in the face of adversity.La's known gallery has represented this ethos genuinely, despite the current wave of popularity that the scene is experiencing.Known gallery is for the conceptual fan, not the graffiti fetishist, and their latest exhibition featuring the talents of hownosm and daze doesn't stray from this idea.

Hownosm, the new yorkbased, germanborn twins' inaugural la exhibition, 'achtung!' is a collection of 15 original paintings and installations that recall Russian Constructivism gone awry.The images are much more crowded than their revolutionary predecessors, but the strong use of red, white and black along with allencompassing spheres undoubtedly recall aesthetics that were meant for the common people as opposed to the bourgeoisie.What is most captivating about hownosm's work is the impeccable flow despite the use of different patterns and textures.All of the different forms coalesce through subtle layering and the interplay between isolated idea and overarching concept.

Daze's 'the gray scale' takes the nyc graffiti veteran's experiences hitting up the train yards and factors in daze's artistic influences, such as reginald marsh and cy twombly.While daze's fine art proclivities may be a considerable distance away from his personal idols, his upbringing is central to his work;Making the need for the 'less is more' adage irrelevant.The depth and range of whites, blacks and grays transport the viewer to the dank labyrinthine tunnels of daze's youth, although his urban realist influences that pour through let in some of the light at the end.
What are the pros and cons of panniers vs messenger bags

I was shopping for new panniers and thought it might be worth it to also check out messenger bags as an alternative.What are the basic pros and cons of each?

I started out using just a regular back pack to carry my stuff, this was quite hot on my back.I purchased panniers a few years back, and i've been pretty happy with them.

The major problems i have are that the rack is always on the bike, even when i don't need to carry anything.They are difficult to carry when i'm not on the bike.Also, most panniers are sold in sets of 2, and i only ever use 1.

As far as messenger bags go, i've never used one before.Is it that much better than a regular back pack?I realize it isn't so high on the back, so it should stay cooler, but i'm not sure about having all the weight on me, and how that affects getting out of the saddle.

Let me know what your experiences are with each of them, and which you recommend.

Messenger bags still get your back sweaty, sometimes even moreso than a backpack since messenger bags are often wider than a backpack.I find a messenger bag more convenient than a backpack for shorter trips, but a pannier better for rides of greater than a mile or two.A messenger bag is quite handy if you have to make a lot of stops and don't have a lot to carry.

I often get back pain if i carry my messenger bag for any length of time. Ralph Lauren Outlet

When carrying a messenger bag with netbook and a book or two, i'm hesitant to rise up out of the saddle.Panniers can actually make a bike a bit more stable, if the weight is carried low to the ground. (The only time i can stand out of the pedals while climbing is on a loaded touring bike, but that's an extreme situation. )

My mo is to use what's appropriate to the trip.If i'm riding downtown to get some work done in a cafe with a laptop, i'll most likely take the messenger bag, but if i need to carry stiff for a longer ride, i'll use a couple of panniers.

I've sometimes used one pannier, if the load isn't too heavy.You can also distribute a light load between two panniers. (That's a good use of front panniers, which, depending on the bike, can be more stable that rear panniers. )In conclusion, the choice of panniervsmessenger bag/backpack is a false choice.Both are tools, and you can use what's appropriate to the job at hand.

You wish to transport a normal bag(Or rucksack)On your bike

You like the fact your the bag can be removed quickly by you(And dont mind that it can be removed quickly by others.

You think being practical is more important the being cool.

A luggage carrier / rack is great:

When you wish to fix a bag or box onto the back of your bike

Unlike a basket you need to use straps(Sometimes build into the rack)To fix the item to the rack.

You are less likely to get laughed at with a rack then a basket.

So it takes longer to fix something onto a rack then put it into a basket, but also it is harder for someone else to remove the item.

(Panniers are fixed to a rack;This is covered under the pannier section)

Messenger bag all the weight is on one side and supported by one shoulder and the opposite hip to some degree.I found them to be fine with light loads.

Backpack like you said can be overly hot.I'm using a camelback model that includes hydration and a somewhat vented back panel.Overall it's good in that it means a balanced load and has multiple support points.

Panniers yes, can be a pain to carry.There are some models that can be bought singly.A friend has one that he got from rei.

Overall i like panniers if i have heavy loads, like grocery trips, and i use one or both as needed.The backpack for moderate loads when i want to be more mobile at my destination.The messenger bag i rarely use any more except for light loads and short trips.Of the 3, i use the camelback most often as it has a large mesh compartment on the back for my helmet and mesh side pockets that hold shoes well, plus an ample interior.

Another option is a handlebar bag.Most models have a quickrelease and shoulder strap so they're easier to take with you than a pannier.Mine is large enough to carry an ipad/netbook plus lunch, sunglasses and other small items.As long as your load isn't too heavy the effect on your steering is minimal.

OtherwiSe i'd go with pannierS or a racktop bag.KeepS the weight off your back So your bike can do the carrying rather than your muScleS.Standing climbS are alSo eaSier without having to balance a Swaying load on your Shoulder(S).

I also hate leaving my rack on my bike carrying a back pack.One solution that i have been thinking about is to get a trailer.Most trailers can be attached in about 2 seconds so it is fast, keeps the weight off your back, etc.

Update:Bought a trailer.Love it.Highly recommended.Have a bob trailer.Was as much as my bike but easily worth it.Only advice:If you are getting one and planning on ridding on rolling terrain or dirt roads drop the extra $70 for suspension.I didn't but wish i had.
pcsutomrcf

Return to Your first forum